"Journeys: Exploring My Mind and the World"
Concord Art Association Members Show at aRt Cottage in Concord
Frogard Schmidt, the owner of the aRt Cottage Gallery in downtown Concord, has invited Concord Art Association members to show their work in May and June, 2022. Non-members may join CAA at concordartassociation.org prior to submitting for the show. aRt Cottage is located at 2238 Mt. Diablo Street in downtown Concord.
You are invited to submit up to five pieces of art for display and sale in this show which explores the theme of Journeys. Artwork may be created in any of these media: watercolor, oil, acrylic, collage, ink, pencil, mixed media, digital, photography, mosaic, and metalwork. All work must be original and created within the last two years. Work may be abstract or representational.
Apply for this show at http://artscottage.blogspot.com/p/artist-submission-form.html.
The $20 per piece hanging fee is payable to aRt Cottage by cash or check at drop-off.
In addition, a 40% commission is collected on work that is sold during the show. All sales will be handled through aRt Cottage.
April 20, 2022 Deadline for submissions.
April 30, 2022 Drop off between 3pm and 5pm.
June 25, 2022 Pick up between 1pm and 3pm.
TBD-based on COVID Status Artist Reception
Artwork will be accepted based on the following criteria:
1. Explores the Journeys theme
2. Original, high-quality work, created within the last two years
3. Properly framed and wired for hanging. See framing instructions!
FRAMING INSTRUCTIONS-CAA requires the following:
· Paintings must be framed in simple, square-cornered frames ready for hanging.
· No loose frame corners.
· Work that is on gallery wrapped canvas, will be accepted. All edges must be finished with paint and no staples, brads, or other fasteners may be visible from the front or sides.
· Watercolors, pastels, etc. must be under plexiglass/acrylic. No glass is permitted.
· ONLY wire is accepted for hanging.
· Wire must be secured to D-rings mounted at a distance one third down from the top of the frame with wire strong enough for the weight of the painting.
· Ends of wire must be fastened securely and ends wrapped in tape.
· Center of wire should no more than 2" from the top of the frame.
· A label with Title, Artist Name, Media, and Price must be affixed to the top-left corner of the back of the piece.
The Concord Art Association and aRt Cottage, in their sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to change the show timeline and/or to supplement, amend or otherwise modify this Call for Artists.
Big Break Regional Shoreline Visitor Center - Oakley
Deadline to apply: 12/1/21
East Bay Regional Parks has invited CAA to present a non-juried member show at Big Break Visitor Center in January - March 2022. Each CAA member can submit up to 2 pieces which explores the theme, A Concord View of the Delta. There will be criteria regarding family-friendly themes, sizes and framing. Entry fee will be $5 per piece.
Click HERE for more details; Click HERE to register online.
John Muir Health Aspen Center – Walnut Creek
Deadline to apply: 12/10/21
The John Muir Auxiliary has invited CAA to present a juried member show at the Aspen Center in Walnut Creek in January and February 2022. Each CAA member can submit up to 2 pieces which explores the theme, Wellness and Well-being. There will be criteria for sizes and framing. Entry fee will be $10 per piece.
Click HERE for more details. Click HERE to register online.From Subject Received Size
Catherine Hensiek Correct Version 1:01 PM 221 KB